Friday, May 9, 2008

We are two months old and growing!


The past two months have flown by. I have cherished every moment with my new girls. They are very good babies. They each have their moments, but don't we all. I have truely enjoyed getting to know their personalities and watching them grow. Boy have they grown! They have both DOUBLED their birth weight! London is in the 10lb range and Lilly is in the 9 lb. range. They are smiling all the time now and London is trying to roll over. Lilly hates tummy time, but I have her do it anyway. Mean old Mom! It is so fun to watch Fallon with the babies. She is a little mommy too. I honestly don't know what I would do without Fallon's help. She is my rock, especially when Spencer is gone. She will even get up with me at night when Spencer is not home! What a gem she is! The girls are on the same schedule. They eat and sleep at the same time. They get up once a night and are up by 7 am for the day. When they were first born they were up every three hours at night and it took an hour to feed them!

I am getting braver everyday with them. At first I didn't take them anywhere. They were 7 weeks old before we went to church. Once I started taking them out I always had to have someone with me. Now I take them where ever I need to go. It is amazing how nice people are at the stores. They see a mother with twins and fall all over themselves trying to help me, but especially to see the girls. I will have 5-6 people around my cart at different times. I try to take them on walks around the neighborhood when the weather is nice. Cars slow down when they see the big limousine stroller rolling down the side walk. It must be quite a site.

We had the girls blessed when they were eight weeks old. All our family came up, Spencer's and mine. Spencer's family had never seen the girls. We had a full house that weekend. It was nice to see everyone and to watch them with the babies. They are now 10 weeks old. I don't know where the time has gone. Soon they will be graduating from high school and leaving for college! Maybe not that soon, but time does go by fast.

Fallon has really grown up this year. She will start back swimming for the summer. I can't wait for her to be home this summer. It will be nice to have someone to visit with during the day. She will turn 12 in July and will go into Young Women's. I cannot believe she is that old. It is so hard to savor the lives of our children when time goes by so fast. I am so glad I have been able to stay home and be with our children during their growing up years so far. I can't imagine what I would have missed out on.

7 comments:

Lindsay Sprague said...

They are beautiful! I have been checking your blog daily for new pictures! Wow, what a beautiful family you have, the girls keep asking about you, we need to come by and say hi! you look great! Take care, we'll try and see you soon!
lindsay

Anonymous said...

Your family is beautiful! I cannot believe how pretty Falon is and your babies are adorable. I just found your blog and thought I would leave a message. I am glad to see everything is going well.

Anne-Marie said...

They are gorgeous! i'm so glad to hear that everyone is healthy and having such fun! Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

Your girls are all so darling. Sounds like life is going well you are such a fantastic mom.

Laura said...

I am so happy for you!!! I had no idea you were expecting.
What beauitful girls.
I found your blog from Jenny's I hope this will help us keep in better touch with one another!!
~Laura Skog

Anonymous said...

Hey, Kirks. This comment isn't really about the blog. Just wanted to say Happy Birthday to Spencer. I hope that all is well and that you're all getting plenty of rest when you can. Take care of yourselves.
--Miki

Nonnie said...

I am so happy for you,It looks like all went well for the blessing. You have beautiful girls, all three of them.
I love you all.

Ronnie


Our family is growing!