Thursday, January 31, 2008

THE SURGEON




My husband the Surgeon!

Spencer is completing his 2nd year of a general surgery residency at Mercy Medical Center in Des Moines, IA. He definately enjoys what he does. The hours are not very family friendly right now, but I hope for the best when he is finally finished in a couple years. I never get to actually see him in action, but I hear he is pretty good. Let's hopes so, he is supposed to be saving lives!



I honestly don't know how he can stand in a surgery for hours at a time and still perform the way he is supposed to. I think I would fall asleep after the second hour! He will call me after a six hour surgery while he is preparing for the next one. I admire him so much!


I do enjoy the stories that he comes home to tell. I am glad I don't have to actually see the graphics, I'll leave that stuff to him. I like to hear the successes. There have been a few losses, that's life, but Spencer seems to be able to deal with them and move on to the next case.



He had a nurse take these pictures of him operating so we could see him in his second home. I think he is quite the studd in his surgery uniform!

The only complaint I have had is the accumulation of scrubbs that seem to just multiply in our home. I guess that will be something that will never change, given the profesion he has chosen.


The best thing about this surgeon is that at the end of his long day, he leaves it all at the hospital. When he comes home he is truely home, which makes Fallon and I feel like the most important things in his life! Sorry all you girls out there, for I grabbed the best man on earth!






5 comments:

Jo Ann Anderson said...

Vivian, I found your blog and am hoping it is ok with you if I check it out. What a fun blog and I can't wait to see posts about your life with twins! JoAnn

Lindsay Sprague said...

Viv, this is great! I love it! Isn't it so much fun? I loved the Baby shower, you look amazing! I can't wait to see these beautiful girls! take care!
lindsay

Lindsay Sprague said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
{Erica} said...

Hi Vivian,
So those are some pretty cool photos. I hope you don't mind that I check out your blog...:). Hope you're feeling okay...let me know if you need anything.

NYCmom said...

I haven't seen any new posts for awhile. I'm wondering if this is because you're having your babies?? I can't wait to hear how everything goes and I'm keeping you in our prayers! xo


Our family is growing!